Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Scam call in the middle of the night?

New Poster

Scam call in the middle of the night?

I received a call (caller ID indicated "Unknown Caller) in he middle of the night telling me to keep my phone off the hook so Comcast could fix a problem.  While this seemed strange to me, in my half-asleep state, I did so.  The cordless phone died, and I was awoken a couple hours later with the phone  in another room ringing off the hook.  The operator told me I had to keep the phone off the hook and to keep the phone by my bed so I could make sure it stayed off the hook, 

This morning my daughter's new iPod touch would not work.

Is this really Comcast?  If so, this is not my idea of good customer service!  If not, how can I prevent this scam?  Is there a connection between this call and the issue with the iPod?

Cable Expert

Re: Scam call in the middle of the night?

I've reported your post to our Administrator on the forum for the quickest response.

He or someone from the team will be contacting you, but it sounds like a phoney deal to me.  I've never seen Comcast call without showing their number on the CID.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I received a call (caller ID indicated "Unknown Caller) at 4am telling me to keep my phone off the hook so they could fix a problem with some 399 numbers. I hesitated but then hung up. This is very unsettling. Please do something about it.
Contributor

I would ..and do block unknown callers .. http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/rejecting-anonymous-calls/  .As far as your situation I hope it gets resolved

jim