Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Samsung 4216 MFP cant fax

New Poster

Samsung 4216 MFP cant fax

So I previously could send and receive faxes on my 4216 multifunction printer/fax/copier.  When I installed the new Router, I plugged the phone line coming from the wall into the connection labeled Tel 1, I then plugged the fax line into tel 2.  I have a second phone number for the fax machine given to me by comcast years ago.  I have no dial tone on the fax machine and am at a loss.  tried to get comcast help, they couldn't and said they would send out a technician but he never called or came.

Billy

Service Expert

Re: Samsung 4216 MFP cant fax

BillyCAlexander wrote:

So I previously could send and receive faxes on my 4216 multifunction printer/fax/copier.  When I installed the new Router, I plugged the phone line coming from the wall into the connection labeled Tel 1, I then plugged the fax line into tel 2.  I have a second phone number for the fax machine given to me by comcast years ago.  I have no dial tone on the fax machine and am at a loss.  tried to get comcast help, they couldn't and said they would send out a technician but he never called or came.

Billy

SOunds very much like only the TEL1 jack and its associated number were provisioned when you activated the new modem...    Save the Tech visit and call back into Comcast and have them PROVISION the TEL2 Jack with the number you have had for years...   you will need a CSR who can think out of the box and not go by a script so state your issue slowly....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon