New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SMCD3GNV voice gateway problem

ANSWERED
New Poster

SMCD3GNV voice gateway problem

We've had this cable modem for a while and it works great, we now want to add voice to our package and comcast are saying we need a different modem. This modem has voice feature so I don't understand why they're saying this. It's eMTA packet cable 2.0.

Is there something I can do? The modem they want to send only has 1 ethernet port and the one I currently have has 4 so I'd really like to continue using this one.

Can I set this modem up for voice? If so how?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solution

Re: SMCD3GNV voice gateway problem

Never mind, it does work with voice like I thought it would. I activated it myself through the push button service. Now comcast will be crediting my account for the expedited shipping costs on the modem they said I needed. If their employees were not so quick to say something 'doesn't work' they'd make a little more money.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: SMCD3GNV voice gateway problem

Never mind, it does work with voice like I thought it would. I activated it myself through the push button service. Now comcast will be crediting my account for the expedited shipping costs on the modem they said I needed. If their employees were not so quick to say something 'doesn't work' they'd make a little more money.