Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ring, Ring, Calls Calls Calls ??????

Regular Visitor

Ring, Ring, Calls Calls Calls ??????

Ever since I got Comcast Phone, why is it I am receiving approx. 20-30 calls a day from all over the country? It is very annoying, so could you please help me out and fast??????????????????????????????????????????????​??????

New Poster

Re: Ring, Ring, Calls Calls Calls ??????

I get 4+ hangup calls daily myself and you can only currently block a total of 12 numbers.  When I call them back, most of the numbers are 'disconnected' and I trust are being used by spammers.  A Comcast rep told me that they are increasing the allowable number of blocked calls to 25 within the year.  I don't think that will help, since spammers will continue to route their calls through a seemingly unlimited pool of disconnected numbers.  No one has explained to me how they do it.  My next step is to call the FCC.  I was on the Do Not Call list and somehow got kicked off - hackers?  I reapplied and now have to wait a month before reporting these jerks.

Very, very frustrating to deal with, since I'm job hunting and have to answer or call back every call!  If Comcast can't protect me from these unwanted, harrassing calls, I will have to cancel service.

Regular Visitor

I have had messages left on my answering machine approx. half of the calls. I have Walgreens Pharmacy leaving messages to pick up prescription's !! I have not to good english speaking people calling asking for people by their names. This is up to 40 times a day and yes my caller ID pick's up the names and number's of these people calling. This is a new account with the phone with comcast, but I had it a few year's back and never, ever had this problem. My phone is ringing constantly and I had to shut down the ringer and also the caller ID. SOOOOOOOOOOO..........

I might just call Comcast and tell them if it don't stop I am gonna have to drop the service to the phone.....thankyou for the adviceand wish you luck on the job hunting !!!!!!   Smiley HappySmiley Happy

New Poster

well, here is how i foil the spam callers. first, i identify one of the spam callers which has an active telephone number. i do this by calling the number shown on my "call answered" note on the voice portion of the menu. then, when i get another one of those calls, i get the telephone number off of the "calls answered" list and call forward that number to the robo call number i identified earlier.

the result is that when the robo calls again, the call is forwarded to anodther robo caller. problem solved.after a while, i get fewer and fewer robo calls.

New Poster

Brilliant!