Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Request for useful call screening

Contributor

Request for useful call screening

As I have requested frequently, as other customers have requested far more frequently, Comcast -- give us a way to block these criminal parasites that have hijacked my phone line! Even with the trivial 12 lines I am able to block, I get 4-5 calls from these nano-thieves every day.

To every Comcast representative I have talked to, and those posters who are similarly misinformed, the National Do Not Call Registry is useless against these calls. The calls are scams, frauds, cons, and so are illegal. Criminals do not honor the do not call list. If you think about this for a few minutes, you will begin to see the logic.

Blocking 12 numbers is close enough to useless that I think it is just a bone Comcast throws to those of us who complain. It is less than useless because it is a nuisance, an excuse, and a smoke screen. Comcast has no financial interest in limiting these calls. The scummers are paying customers.

I know that the call screening 'feature' is designed to be an obstacle because it is boneheaded hard to use. Any intelligent engineer would be able to make it simple, fast, and intuitive. Instead it is hard to find, hard to use, extremely slow, and poorly designed. Now I know Comcast employs capable engineers, so I'm confident this is by design.

For example, if I have 12 numbers, I have to delete some before I can add more. I have to do that one by one, and each time it asks for a confirmation, then I wait 20-30 seconds while it saves. Repeat.

I want to delete 1) the olders numbers or 2) the least offensive numbers. That information is not available to me.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Request for useful call screening

Doubt they will ever do it I bought one of these and works great.

http://www.cprcallblocker.com/

There are other brands as well that are cheaper but I haven't tried them and the CPR one works well.