Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Regular junk calls

Frequent Visitor

Regular junk calls

I am new to Xfinty Voice this week. I have everything connected which works fine and am making a comparison to my long time use of Vonage. My first question is are there any others in this forum that have made similar experiences? I'd like to find how others feel about this new service I have. So far it is very seldom that I get any unwanted con calls using Vonage. However the same day I activated my Xfinitty Voice service I've had regular calls from a variety of 800 numbers. It is nice to be able to see the caller's number so I can ignore these pesky little vermin. It is very undesirable when I am in bed and am awoken. So far I see no reason to keep Xfinity Voice unless there is some unknown method to remedy these miserable calls. I can't be setting call blocking all the time whenever I get a new call. I'll most likely be disconnecting any phone to the router. I have not tried to log on to this new router and been unable to initiate any port forwarding but the distance and speed is no better than any standard router. I do like the improvement to the "X1 operating system". Too bad Comcast couldn't have done something to improve the old system a long time ago.

Any comments or tips?

Thanks.

Service Expert

Re: Regular junk calls

Inquisitor wrote:

I am new to Xfinty Voice this week. I have everything connected which works fine and am making a comparison to my long time use of Vonage. My first question is are there any others in this forum that have made similar experiences? I'd like to find how others feel about this new service I have. So far it is very seldom that I get any unwanted con calls using Vonage. However the same day I activated my Xfinitty Voice service I've had regular calls from a variety of 800 numbers. It is nice to be able to see the caller's number so I can ignore these pesky little vermin. It is very undesirable when I am in bed and am awoken. So far I see no reason to keep Xfinity Voice unless there is some unknown method to remedy these miserable calls. I can't be setting call blocking all the time whenever I get a new call. I'll most likely be disconnecting any phone to the router. I have not tried to log on to this new router and been unable to initiate any port forwarding but the distance and speed is no better than any standard router. I do like the improvement to the "X1 operating system". Too bad Comcast couldn't have done something to improve the old system a long time ago.

Any comments or tips?

Thanks.

You may want to look into NOMOROBO as a way to stop those calls that have been identified as coming from spammers/abusers....   visit www.nomorobo.com for more information,   ( And it IS compatible with Comcast DIgital Voice )

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Regular junk calls

Thanks for your reply. I have decided to disconnect my Xfinity phone line as it seems to be more trouble than it 's worth. I shouldn't have to use a third party solution. Every day I get yet another unwanted call. None of this happens with Vonage which I find to be far better in many ways.

Bye Xfinity Inferior phone service.