Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Receiving phantom calls from my own phone number

New Poster

Receiving phantom calls from my own phone number

This is quickly becoming one of the most frustrating nuisances. Our phone has been ringing once and then not again. When we pick up, silence. Caller ID shows the number as UNAVAILABLE. The call log online shows missed calls from our own phone number. Its not like can't receive calls, its just that we have been receiving these phantom calls, 6 this hour alone.

Tech support is no help. I've called twice and the first person told me I'd receive call call back from an engineer within 24 hours. That didn't happen. When I called back tonight the person I spoke suggested that it was bill collectors calling to see if I was home. Are you kidding me?! Your first thought is that we're deliquents and can't pay our bills?

If this doesn't stop soon, I'll be cancelling my phone service. Been thinking about for a long time anyway and this may be the last straw.

Problem Solver

Re: Receiving phantom calls from my own phone numb

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-