Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Receiving calls from people who live in New Jersey

Frequent Visitor

Receiving calls from people who live in New Jersey

About 4 weeks ago I started getting calls from people who live in New Jersey (I live in West Mifflin, Pa.). These are people who don't know me and I don't know them. They would dial a friend or relative's number who also lived in New Jersey but instead of getting them, they would get me! I have received over one hundred calls all times of the night and day! Most are Comcast customers but some are verizon and the calls were from home phones and cell phones. I have been in contact with Comcast Solution techs from the beginning but their only solution is for me to change my phone number which we have had for 39 years! Their solution is one I could have got from any 3rd grade child not from a company that's suppose to be the formost experts in commuications!!! I tried changing the modem but I still got the NJ phone calls! Comcast hasn't tried to solve my problem so my only solution is to change to another service, it's a shame because I have been a loyal customer all these years! Comcast wants loyality from it's customers but in return gives them no loyality or satifactory service! DS. West Mifflin, Pa.

Service Expert

Re: Receiving calls from people who live in New Je

tiredofbsusa wrote:

About 4 weeks ago I started getting calls from people who live in New Jersey (I live in West Mifflin, Pa.). These are people who don't know me and I don't know them. They would dial a friend or relative's number who also lived in New Jersey but instead of getting them, they would get me! I have received over one hundred calls all times of the night and day! Most are Comcast customers but some are verizon and the calls were from home phones and cell phones. I have been in contact with Comcast Solution techs from the beginning but their only solution is for me to change my phone number which we have had for 39 years! Their solution is one I could have got from any 3rd grade child not from a company that's suppose to be the formost experts in commuications!!! I tried changing the modem but I still got the NJ phone calls! Comcast hasn't tried to solve my problem so my only solution is to change to another service, it's a shame because I have been a loyal customer all these years! Comcast wants loyality from it's customers but in return gives them no loyality or satifactory service! DS. XXXXXXXXXXX

You can BLOCK those numbers from ever ringing by going to:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

Click on Call Blocking and ADD the numbers there.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Talk to the people who are getting your phone number in error and find out what number they are trying to reach.  Then dial that number and talk to the people who hopefully answer and ask them who their phone service provider is.  Their is fairly good odds that their voice service provider is comcast and that their voice service has an erroneous call forwarding to your phone number.  Armed with that information you can credibly ask comcast to correct the situation.

This happened to me five moths ago.  I live in California and I started getting a bunch of calls from eastern pennsylvania.  Yours is about the eighth instance of this type of problem.  I solved my similar problem by following the steps in the above paragraph.

Best of luck in solving your problem

Frequent Visitor

I have blocked 25 of those phone numbers because that's the max I can block, but I am receiving hundreds of calls! I also activated anonymous call blocking but it only block numbers who have their caller ID blocked. Comcasts' answer to the problem is to change my phone number of 39 years! I will go to Verizon and have my number ported before I do that!

Frequent Visitor

I have given Comcast security some of the phone numbers that called someone else and got me! I also talked to the people who wrongly got me and got the phone number they were calling and gave those to Comcast security and still their solutition for THEIR problem is still for me to change my phone number of 39 years! Comcast is the worst in service and cost....I'm going to Verizon!

Contributor

Have you called the number who your erroneous callers are trying to get and asked them who their voice service providers is.  If it's comcast you would have a really good case to escalate the issue high enough to get it resolved at comcast.

My problem got resolved after it was escalated to comcast engineering in Philadelphia

Edit:

You will be doing the voice customer that is having their calls forwarded to you a big favor.  Explain to them that you are getting their calls in error and you need to straighten it out with comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I have done all of that and still I'm getting the NJ calls and no help from Comcast!