Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Readable Voice Mail

Frequent Visitor

Readable Voice Mail

Last week, my readable voice mail suddenly stopped working. I made no changes on my end, but so far, after a chat with Comcast and later a phone call, nobody is able to fix or even explain it.I've tires turning the service off, then reinstating it as well as deleting the email addresses and then readding them.  It seems that others have had this issue for a long time and that Comcast is unable or perhaps unwilling to fix it. Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue?

Service Expert

Re: Readable Voice Mail

rainbowridge,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Same with me.  The Xfinity app works fine and I get notifications that way but the email addresses I have set for the readable voice mail are not getting notifications.   Re-booted the router, deleted and re-added the email addresses, and had Comcast send a re-fresh signal.  Nothing has worked.

Regular Contributor

Wouldn't you know it, it just started working.  Wasn't last night after several days and multiple tests.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

Maybe I am not understanding forum protocols correctly. I replied saying "thanks" because the issue was going to be escalated and someone was going to get back with a solution. Nobody has, so it seems inappropriate to mark it as "solved. "
Regular Contributor

rainbowridge wrote:
Maybe I am not understanding forum protocols correctly. I replied saying "thanks" because the issue was going to be escalated and someone was going to get back with a solution. Nobody has, so it seems inappropriate to mark it as "solved. "

Rainbowridge - I think they called it solved because mine started working spontaneously.  Hopefully someone is still on your case and following this so you get your situation resolved.

Service Expert

rainbowridge wrote:

I have reverted the SOLVED action.  

Due to this being a holiday week going through the weekend, a Comcast OE may not reply until Monday.

Please use the quote feature when replying in the forums so that your reply is directed t the correct forum member.

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Admin1

Hi rainbowridge -- Apologies for the issues with readable voice mail. I had this feature provisioned to your account. Can you test to see if readable voice mails start coming through? 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Zach,
Thanks for you message. I left a couple of voicemails an hour ago but still haven't received emails.
Thanks.
Admin1

Do you have that set for the same user name you use to sign into these forums? You have several user ID's on your account so I want to make sure these alerts are set for the correct one. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, same user name, rainbowridge. Thanks!
Admin1

Alright. Everything is set correctly so I'm opening up a support ticket for further evaluation. Once a support agent has had a chance to review everything, they'll contact you directly for further troubleshooting. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I  have the same problem.  I am not receiving email notices of some voice messages.  It worked very well until last week and now it is intermittant.  Early this week I received a voice message but no email.  Then, two days ago, I did receive an email for a voice message.  I thought it was fixed.  But today, I received a voice message and there was no email.  I have verified the email address in Settings.  Seems like the problem started with Comcast's implementation of the new Email/Voice Mail interface.

Admin1

SadUser99 -- I was running some troubleshooting on this for you. Are you using an email client (3rd party email service) at all? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

sehale wrote:

Same with me.  The Xfinity app works fine and I get notifications that way but the email addresses I have set for the readable voice mail are not getting notifications.   Re-booted the router, deleted and re-added the email addresses, and had Comcast send a re-fresh signal.  Nothing has worked.

Starting my own thread.  Today NONE of the features worked - came home to a message (blinking light) but the app didn't alert me nor did I get a text or email.  Wasn't working a week or so ago, suddenly started working, not working now

Admin1

All -- The update on this is we've found this to be a National issue. Voice Mail email notifications are being intermittently received. We are working towards a fix for this issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I'm using Gmail.

I see from later posts that Comcast has acknowledged that this is their problem and is working to fix it.  A prompt resloution will be greatly appreciated.

Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem.  All of a sudden, I no longer get eMail notifications of my voicemail.  

Admin1

JodieNJ -- Please see above response that  this is a National issue. Voice Mail email notifications are being intermittently received. We are working towards a fix for this issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the update. I was quite certain it was a larger issue since I had made no changes on my side and suddenly stopped working. Interestingly enough I did receive a readable voicemail today for the first time in over a week. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

FYI, after receiving one readable voicemail, it stopped working again. Ironically, the voicemail was from Comcast!
Admin1

rainbowridge -- As stated in my response, notifications are being received intermittently. That means that some will come through and others won't. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

We're at 8 days and this still isn't fixed?  Yes, it's intermittant, but I'm not getting emails for half of my voice messages.  It should not be that difficult to replicate and track down.  Email me if you want to do some tests.

Frequent Visitor

Still not fixed!  Just has two messages with no email.  Is there a target date for a fix?  Is anybody from Comcast on this forum?