New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: no phone service

New Poster

I have not had service for 3 weeks now.
I ported my number to MagicJack and now want it re-ported to COmcast.

I have called 9 times and some Account Exec Managers say 24 -72hrs, some say 15 days to re-port it back.

They gave me a new temp number, which does not ring when I call it.

FRUSTRATED...

Frequent Visitor

I have had intermittent phone & internet problems for about a week!  I had an appt. for last Saturday, but the tech called & told me the problem was due to a construction co., digging in the area & cutting some antenna cables (or something like that).  He said repairs had been made, so an appt. was no longer necessary.  

I kept him on the phone for 10 min., to be sure all was OK & no problems, so the appt. was cancelled.  The same problems occurred yesterday.  I now have another appt. for later today.

I am especially unhappy w/Comcast because 1. Obvously the problem was not corrected and 2. I now have to use my cell phone & I have very limited minutes on that - when I go over they charge me about 40 cents for each min. I go over my 200 min. plan!   

They really need to get this problem resolved!!

Problem Solver

--

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing with your phone service. In a private message can you send me the phone number that you are trying to port back to Comcast and your account number so that I may investigate your concerns further. Also please copy and paste your post as well so that I am able to disgusting your particular issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

--

Sorry about the issues that you are experiencing with your phone service as well.

I apologize that your appointment was cancelled and I'm glad to know that a technician is coming out to your home today to rectify the intermittent issues with your phone and internet.

If at any case you go over your minutes talking with comcast for troubleshooting issues and support please call into our office and speak with a billing supervisor and see if their is anything that can be done about this type of situation.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

I have had these problems for 1+ weeks - almost NO use of internet or phone.  My tech today advised me he is only able to credit me for 2 days missed internet time and 2 days without a land line time...because I ALLOWED the Comcast tech, on Sat. 10/1 to cancel the appt.  - I agreed to the cancelled apptl, because I believed him when he told me that problems were resolved.

They were not resolved!

So...I am being penalized for taking the word of a Comcast employee!

I got another call this AM from the 2nd tech who was scheduled to come here.  He also advised me everything was now OK, and he suggested I could cancel his appt., too.  

Are you kidding me???  

This is outrageous!!  I was virtually without phone/internet service and/or had spotty phone/internt service for over 1 week and my tech is "authorized' to give me 2 days credit, because I CANCELLED MY SATURDAY APPOINTMENT!!!

Comcast needs to credit me for at least ONE WEEK OF LOST/SPOTTY SERVICE - and I have learned a hard lesson which is:  Don't trust a Comcast Tech who calls and advises you to cancel your appt. becuase the problem has been resolved.  

In case you can't discern it from this posting, I am LIVID with Comcast!    

I will definitely send you my acct. #/phone #  privately, but this needs to show up on the Comcast website - and it better!

Frequent Visitor

Warning: Cancelling appt.

I have had phone and internet problems here for over a week.  Last Saturday, the day of my appt. w/a Comcast Tech, I received a phone call from my tech, Jeff, advising me that all problems had been corrected.  To be sure, I kept the "tech" who called on the phone for about 10 min. and no problems, so I agreed to cancel the service appt.  

Problems returned the next day!  So, again I was without Comcast phone/internet service.  I again called for a service appt.  Got an appt. for today.

Again, today, I got a call from the new tech, (Don),  telling me that all problems were resolved, asking me to again cancel a service appt.  This time I refused to cancel & told him he needed to get over here & figure it out.

When he got here, lo and behold, he found a problem (not w/my equip. but with a neighbors equip. which affected mine) and went to work to resolve it.

When I asked him about a credit, he told me I could only get 2 days credit on phone/internet, because I had cancelled my Sat. appt.!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME COMCAST?  

Comcast = GREEDY, STUPID AND UNCARING 

As much as a pain as it is for me, I am now looking into changing my i'net & phone providers & likely will do so within a few days.

Comcast has driven me away for a cost to them of around $10.  Comcast is willing to write me off - a customer who has been w/them for about 10 years over a "dispute" about exactly how long I was without service.

WHAT IMBICILE IS RUNNING THIS PATHETIC COMPANY?  

Good luck in the future, Comcast.  

Problem Solver

Re: Warning: Cancelling appt.

---

I apologize about the credit please check the private message that is sent you.

I am happy that our technician was able to resolve your issue and your service is working properly.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-