Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: no dial tone & Flashing modem light

Regular Visitor

I hope that works for you.  I've been without phone service off and on now for over a month.  New modem, New DVR, Tech's at the house, did what they said.  Things worked for two days.  I was promised a telephone call from a "higher authority" tonight between 5 and 9 pm.  No call!!!  Reset modem, manually, full reconfiguration, they restarted it, unplugged it, tried different phones in different rooms.  I had my alarm company out twice, who has been in service longer than comcast, and it's nothing to do with thier equipment.  Go call a CSR, one tells you one thing and the other tells you the opposite.  Wonderful service

Service Expert

Lt602,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

OMG. A Comcast tech came to the house today.  A day late, but what the heck.  My hero "Ben" walked up and asked me what was going on with my service.  "My brand new modem is blinking and I have had no telephone service for 5 days"!   Ben, "You have a short in your wiring".  "Most likely, the wire running from your box to the computer is cut or shorted out".  I gladly ripped up some carpet and there before us was the telephone line shorted out on a transition strip.  He checked the rest and installed a booster type of device outside and I am up and running like I am on a NASCAR track!!!   That simple.  Ben,  "I can't believe the outside contractor didn't pick this up.  It's pretty routine."  

Well, THANK YOU BEN!  Plus, he gave me advice on cable end couplers and running new wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My confidence is renewed in Comcast!