Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: no caller id to tv

New Poster

Our Caller Id on TV used to work but lately it's not working.   I haven't tried calling about it, but it's not working on any of our TV's.  We have 3 of them and only one has the DVR box.   It just stopped one day.   I'm sure it was due to a system update, but you are not the only person with this issue. 

Official Employee

wickedwings wrote:

Our Caller Id on TV used to work but lately it's not working.   I haven't tried calling about it, but it's not working on any of our TV's.  We have 3 of them and only one has the DVR box.   It just stopped one day.   I'm sure it was due to a system update, but you are not the only person with this issue. 

Apologies for the issue that you described above. I have asked that someone on our team review your account and work to get this resolved for you. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: no caller id to tv or pc

I have not been able to use the caller id on my tv or my pc. On my pc I get the message to sign up for Comcast voice. Has anyone been able to get help with this?

Regular Visitor

mine has stopped working on both my tv's also, I have tried it all and doesn't work anymoreSmiley Sad It did work till this week??? help comcast......Thanks

Regular Visitor

Called Comcast today, after once getting a guy who said he couldn't help me he would transfer me, then got disconnected, so I called back and a nice lady stayed online to help after only sending a signal, now still no caller ID on tv? well  now what.....??????? Comcast bug??? NOWAY to find out ??? come on Comcast I pay you enough to know what's wrong & make it work, right? It used to work... If I didn't pay my bill way before it was do and I let it go late you'd close me off, but I pay always before time, so do you want me to close you off and go to someone  NEW????? I have just about had enough!

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast customer service multiple times trying to get caller ID on TV to work.  They kept checking to see if it was set to ON in my account, telling me to check the menu, etc.  Just could not understand why it was not working.  Finally, after several calls it was escalated to a person named "Ted" who left a voice message saying that it is not working "simply" because it is not yet available in my area.  Why didn't any of the customer reps know this or have the ability to look it up?  The web site gives the requirements for it to work, including the boxes I have, and gives no indication that it is not available in all areas.  If there is an area availability issue, then the web site should provide this information allowing the customer to check it, instead of wasting customer and Comcast effort trying to get an unavailable service to work.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I have had this problem with other issues for over 3 months now ... NO caller id on TV. I know my tv's work with calelr id as it worked fine with direct tv.  Any hopes of getting this fixed any time soon?