Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: fast busy

Contributor

Geoff, I have had Digital Voice since the end of Nov. and STILL do not have all the features that was promised. I had at one time a voice mail message and my lights on my phone DO NOT BLINK. The only time they will blink is if I have it on the answering machine. Maybe you need to check your information. What does happen with comcast is when you pick up the phone you get a beep sound. So if you don't pickup the phone to check you never know that you have a message. I no longer use Comcast Voice mail for that reason.

Here it is middle of Jan. and my call waiting still is not working, call forwarding was not working last week, and they JUST got the voice center on the net working. Great technical support not. I wish I had never gone to Digital Voice and would recommend anyone thinking of going with Comcast to think twice about it.

Barmar, there are telephones and caller ID units out there that do have a light that shows if you have a new message waiting on your voicemail.  If you're in the market for such a phone, it's usually called a Message Waiting Indicator on the feature list and it will work with our Comcast Digital Voice service.

Geoff.
Regular Contributor

Hi Carmine13,

Thanks very much for your post. I apologize for all of the problems you have been having with your service and I'd like to see what I can do to get them resolved.

First of all, let me clarify what I meant about a visual message waiting indicator:

Some telephones have an answering machine built in that have a light that comes on when the answering machine has a message waiting. Depending on the model of the telephone you are using, that light may or may not work with a voicemail service.

If you do want a visual indicator that you have a voicemail message waiting, make sure you buy a telephone that advertises that specific feature (i.e. not just an answering machine). If your telephone does have that feature, it probably just needs to be turned on. Most telephones with that feature need you to select either FSK or Stutter Tone. Comcast Digital Voice customers should select Stutter Tone.

If you do have a telephone with a properly configured message waiting light, you should have both the beep in the dial tone and the light on when you have a new message waiting. If you would like me to investigate this further for you, please email me with the make and model of your telephone and I will see what I can find out.

I also double checked the status of the call waiting, call forwarding and selective call forwarding features. They should all be working for you. I saw that we have assigned a technician to look into the call waiting problem, but if you have any further information, I would be happy to forward it to the technician working on the problem.

If you are still having any problems, please contact us for assistance. Alternatively, you can email me and I will see what I can do to help.

Thanks very much for your patience,

Geoff.

Most Valued Poster

Carmine13,

As the others have stated in response to your other posts, please post a question or response only one time in the most appropriate category.  When you post the same reply in multiple threads it is considered spamming here in the forums and will not help resolve any issues or get answers to your questions any quicker - in fact, other forum members find this annoying and may choose to ignore future posts by you.  I see from one of your responses that you now have your call-waiting feature working so this issue should be resolved.  If you have any additional questions or experience any issues, please start a new thread and include as many details as possible and we'll help you out as quickly as possible.

Thanks