Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: caller id

New Poster

Re: caller id

This is ridiculous- I have had nothing but trouble with my phone part of the package I purchased.

First, I wanted to keep my old number but since the previous account was under my finace's name I was told he had to cancel his account in order for me to have that number.  So, until his account was closed and my connection established I was issued a temporary number.  After he closed his account and mine was established I was then told (after waiting on hold for over 2 hours) that it couldn't be changed since he closed his account.  But a ticket would be put in and I could call back on Monday to see if the problem had been fixed.

Called on Monday was told to ask (per Saturday's phone conversation) for the add/remove department- waited for over 3 hours for a call back-then was told I had the wrong department- got the right department and the girl I talked to was rude and more interested in getting be to sign up for HBO because it was free for 3 months- but declined since I would have to call in and cancel after 3 months or pay and since 9 out of 10 times when calling you wait on hold for over 2 hours.  She then told me a ticket was filed and I should hear back in 72 hours- 72 hours came and went no call so called again.  This time got a very nice and knowledgable gentleman who said problem would be fixed the next day--Bingo I got my correct phone number-since I was getting harrassing calls for the previous owner of my temporary number.  But now they can't seem to get me the correct security pin so I can set up my voice part of the plan-  this time I went on line to get it fixed agian got someone who seemed to know what to do but AGAIN!!!- PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED AND IT HAS BEEN OVER 72 HOURS-so it would seem I would again have to call and hopefully get someone who knows what they are doing to get it fixed.

Sure is funny bet you if I don't pay my bill on time and tell them it will be 72 hours before I can pay and then don't pay they will waste no tme cancelling my services.  Not a single person has offered to compensate me for my time spent waiting to fix this problem as of the friday it will be 30 days.  Seriously looking into DISH network-and suggesting to other to do the same- heard lots of good things from people who have it