Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity Phone Service

New Poster

I am having phone issues as well.  The phone that is plugged into the modem works fine.  The phones that are plugged into the phone outlets in other parts of the house do not work (screeching sound). Called Comcast and they said it was an outside wiring issues. They are sending someone out tomorrow to fix.  Said they would not need to come in the house and that it would not cost me anything.  So, my suggestion is to call Comcast

Regular Contributor

Umm its a phone wiring issue could be inside, anyway you slice it its a wiring issue, you will get charged for that, the tech would need to come in to verify the issue.. Sry the people inside are wrong, they may have set up for a tech to check outside but nothing he can do outside if its screeching when plugged into phone jacks he would need to come in.. Good luck..
Regular Visitor

My two land line phones are not working, unable to call out, no dial tone?

Regular Visitor

Hi,  Humm.  All my phone out lets workj ust fine.  All are in a loop from out side to the home. I have a phone in the garage to.  Then to I did all the wireing>  I had help with a phone party who gave me a drawing and a ok.  Keep use a light and batteryto ck each out let.  I am sure it will be found..    K