Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Voice Mail does not work again

Contributor

My Vtech phone doesn't have anything for me to set up.  I have the phone and it is supposed to work with my carrier (Comcast) voicemail.  I can go in and program everything but my greeting will not play and the phone rings forever, not going into voicemail at three rings.

I just don't know what to do about Comcast.  When I call in for support I have such a difficult time trying to convey simple issues to their help personnel.  I am always frustrated when I hang up - usually without resolving anything.  I have no problem with the cable or even their internet, but they are ruining my life by not allowing my greeting to play and record voicemail!!!

Contributor

Re: Answering machine

I have set up my phone to go into vm after three rings - instead it just rings and rings and rings.  The vm greeting I set up does not play.  I have no vm because all people can do is hang up.

I bought new phones last week, they are Vtech.   vtech offers only a "clear voicemail" option; I was told my carrier (Comcast) handled the vm.

I have followed the directions to the letter but nothing works.  My cable has never failed me but the other products such as the voicemail have really failed.  I don't want to go back to AT&T or Verizon.

Contributor

Re: No online voicemail access

Brilliant.

Most 5 year olds know that should be done when there is a problem.  That will not address this issue

Contributor

Re: deleting my voicemail

All I want is to use traditional voicemail - I don't even care about checking online (that works!).  When callers phone in the phone should stop ringing after three and my greeting that I recorded should play.  Instead my phone rings and rings and callers hang up because there no way to leave me a vm.  If I call in for messages the computer tells me I have none. 

So its nonsensical that the other pieces don't work.  I was hold for awhile and now I am going to try to deal with it again tomorrow

Contributor

Re: Voice mail

I have been there twice - I have walked through the digital set up and I do everything correctly and I still have no greeting playing...the phone rings and rings so callers are just hanging up.  

New Poster

My phone just rings and rings and never goes to voice mail... it used to and now nothing... what do I do

New Poster

I have the same issue.

Contributor

Me too.  Voice Mail worked for a few days after upgrade now all it does is ring, ring, ring.  Have changed the number of rings before sending to Voice Mail a couple times - does not help.  It does however record the call online - as missed.  I can still see who's call I missed by going to Voice Mail @ Comcast.net.

Going back to the answering machine.  Sometimes old tech better than the new tech.

New Poster

I have the same issue... my phone rings and rings and never goes to voice mail!!!!!  comcast told me to reset the modem.. I tried everything still no voicemail... HELP

Contributor

Went on Chat with a Comcast Agent & after an unsuccessful attempt to resolve he escalated to tier II support.  Don't know what they did but Voice Mail is now working.  Even getting an email copy of voice mail.

Frequent Visitor

After trying over the phone, I had a tech person come to the house- it turns out that when the phone support sent the signal, it undid the relay (electronic relay) that connected the phone modem to their computer, so they had to 'reprogram' it and reconnect it.  Now it works.