Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Turning off voicemail

Regular Contributor

so what can one do when COMCAST keeps turning it on?

I am sick and tired of calling to have it turned off.

Official Employee

Hi 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

May be resolved "for now". Phil, but it is inevitable that it will be turned on again.

Seems like it most often occurs when I'm on an important call and can't switch over, it gets to the blankety blank voicemail that you have to jump through hoops and listen to all sort of prompts to get access to voicemail.

Plainly put; I don't want voicemail. PERIOD.

I don't want it turned on after so many rings either!

I have an answering machine of my own that will blink a light and beep if I got a call when I was away. That is a perfect indication of a missed call, not having to pick up the phone and hear a rapid dial tone to tell me as that is a pain.

If someone calls and I can't switch over, and if it's important, they will call back.

Gerry

Official Employee

Do understand, if you have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to reach out to me and I will gladly help.

Thank you

You can click on my name (ComcastPhill) and click on “Private Message Me”.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Nope, it came back again, but I called and I DID talk with someone in the US that seemeed competant and she did say it was removed. She said it would take up to 72 hours before I stop hearing the rapid cycling of the dial tione indicating a message.

Problem was I was speaking to someone and we got disconnected, while I was dialing back they were dialing and their calls went to voicemail.

Which, it still says on the log in page; ( i have to log in again to get to that page.)

Regular Contributor

Well what ever happened, now I don't have a dial tone, I pick up my phone and I get a busy signal !

LOL

OK after a few tries again there is the rapid cycling of the dial tione indicating a message.

LOL.

I'll give it the 72 hrs I guess, what other choice do I have?