Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Porting phone number

New Poster

Did they ever solve your problem?  I've been trying to get my number ported over since August!  Wasted so much time on the phone, keep telling me they will call back, blah, blah, blah.... you know the story.  It is now nearly 4 months later and my phone has still not been ported over.  Mind you, they have made no efforts to credit my account for the 4 months of phone service I have paid for and not received, in spite of my requests for credits.

I'm going down to the local office this weekend to see what I can do to cancel the contract I signed - since they have not honored their end.  We'll see how that goes.

Service Expert

Thomaseena,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.  Please let me know if you are not contacted.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, they FINALLY got the number ported. My understanding of the issue is that the address information did not match up perfectly. It took many back and forth phone calls to make sure every field matched. e.g., name, zip code.

Regular Visitor

Thomaseena wrote:

Did they ever solve your problem?  I've been trying to get my number ported over since August!  Wasted so much time on the phone, keep telling me they will call back, blah, blah, blah.... you know the story.  It is now nearly 4 months later and my phone has still not been ported over.  Mind you, they have made no efforts to credit my account for the 4 months of phone service I have paid for and not received, in spite of my requests for credits.

I'm going down to the local office this weekend to see what I can do to cancel the contract I signed - since they have not honored their end.  We'll see how that goes.

I just discovered that I have the same issue (apparently since August), because I'm still getting autobilled by my previous landline phone company for monthly phone service.  Comcast support told me everything was working fine after some activation issue with the self-service kit.  The Triple Play package with Voice was supposed to save me over $ 70 per month. Filled out , signed and submitted all the transfer paperwork online and wonder now if the same online representsative that talked me into it may be involved?  Support told me I could pay $50 to have home wiring checked even with no success in direct connection of phone to jack(s) on the new modem.  Don''t seem to be the only one with this problem.  What's up with Comcast?