Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Phone service Chicago IL 60618

New Poster

I'm having the same problem in Virginia 22701. I returned home after being gone for two days this weekend and I had no dial tone or phone service. The message on the phone reads, "Line in use". I chatted with someone online at comcast last night and he must have tried resetting my modem 4 times. It didn't work. Tried to tell me it was probably my phone lines inside the house as well. When I unplug the phone line from the wall leading into the modem, I am able to make one call. After I hang up, it's back to "line in use". Supposedly they had an area problem and are coming to check it out tomorrow. The online representative tried to tell me that there would be a service charge because it's my phone line in the house. The representative on the phone admits to a comcast issue. The automated service call voicemail eludes to an area wide issue as well. They are coming to check it out on 7/26.

Cable Expert

If it is the inside wiring in your home causing the issue, then there might be a charge because you own the inside wiring like your plumbing and electrical.

if it is the eMTA, or upstream into Comcast's system, there will not be a charge.

if your are unplugging the inside wiring from the eMTA and it is still bad with a known good wired phone, then it is most likely a Comcast issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon