Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Phone calls dropped or calls get disconnected.

Regular Visitor

Topic: calls having a disconnect when calling out.  If my daughter calls me from her cell phone I can hear her, but she cannot hear me.  We have to call back to connect properly.  She used her husband's cell phone and the same thing happened.  They have different brands of cell phones.

I tested with other friends and family and the problem does not occur.  I called Comcast and they refreshed my line and system.  I also reset my modem.  It did not help.  

I am reading that this problem is very common, and I am wondering why Comcast isn't doing more to correct it?

The next step is to call direct to Comcast and if it is still a problem who happens to more phones I call, I will be seriously thinking of dropping the phone service.  If it is important I use my cell.  If I leave a message using the land line, you never know if they got it.

Cable Expert

It is not common, since Comcast has over 10 million voice subscribers.

If refreshing the eMTA didn't help, then Comcast should be sending out a tech.  They can do a health check on your eMTA telephony modem and decide on the next step of action including getting a tech out to troubleshoot a signal issue or replace the telephony modem.

Call again, and if you don't get any satisfaction, then you can contact Comcast Social Media team for help by emailing to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon