Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Does Comcast want my business?

New Poster

I was told that I would have my phone service, internet and TV set up by this time today.  This is after my 'cable' service went out on 6/29.  I spoke to someone in Denver who was very nice, and assured me that all would be fixed and up and running today. Not 100% because I have no dial tone on my phone, although I do have internet and TV service. Trying to resolve this is crazy frustrating!  Today I've been on hold with voice tech support in Manila(I asked to be transferred to someone in the US and she wouldn't do it until she couldn't figure out what to do), then I talked to someone in installation, then talked to someone in billing, then was transferred to someone in activation, maybe. I've been on hold or transferred for over an.hour now.  And still waiting....on hold for someone to help me.  arggh.

Comcast is too big.  It seems that each department can't see what the other is doing, they need to enable their employees to have the ability to solve issues without transferring

Frequent Visitor

Amazingly I'm having a similar experience the last three days. I had to postpone a move and they managed to cancel my phone but leave internet and TV running. I've talked to five people, been accidentally hung up on once, and have been to activations once (charming experience). Each new agent has been more and more excited about selling me a better package since a move counts as a new subscriber. None of them has actually fixed the problem. Comcast, get a clue and actually figure out how to provision your services. I'm on chat right now because I couldn't bear the phone tree with advertisements yet another time.

New Poster

I would have to say,"Nope, they don't want my Business." Tried twice to port number and install Comcast voice. Both times the order cancelled due to some problem with the verification (still not clear on what, exactly). Amazingly, Comcast had zero follow up on that both times. No email, no call, nothing. And when I contacted them to find out why I never received the modem or phone service, all they wanted to do was RE-order. No explanation of how to prevent a second (or third) cancellation.

So I guess I will stick with my ol' traditional landline until Comcast comes up with an actual product to sell me.