Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Modem - Please help!

Frequent Visitor

I live in the Charlottesville, VA 22903 area market. Here the local BestBuy sells Arris TM722g DOCSIS 3.0 with Telephony Modem thru Comcast (approved) for $149.99. That is fine and dandy, but I do not wish to purchase a very old unit. I prefer to "legally" (approved by Comcast) purchase the newer Arris TM822g DOCSIS 3.0 Telephony Modem. I know Comcast uses some of these in their "lease" pool, but what about a Comcast customer purchasing one?

There is another Comcast Triple Play customer that purchased an Arris TM722g more than a year ago:

http://blog.trebacz.com/2012/01/comcast-xfinity-internet-and-arris.html

Hey Comcast, what about my chances of purchasing an Arris TM822g Modem thru your company or officially approved retailer? Let me know, please! I want to buy a modem, but the TM722g you guys offer right now is way too old! Why not let your dedicated customers buy a newer approved model? You guys do claim to strive for the best customer support and satisfaction.

Frequent Visitor

I live in the Charlottesville, VA 22903 area market. Here the local BestBuy sells Arris TM722g DOCSIS 3.0 with Telephony Modem thru Comcast (approved) for $149.99. That is fine and dandy, but I do not wish to purchase a very old unit. I prefer to "legally" (approved by Comcast) purchase the newer Arris TM822g DOCSIS 3.0 Telephony Modem. I know Comcast uses some of these in their "lease" pool, but what about a Comcast customer purchasing one?

There is another Comcast Triple Play customer that purchased an Arris TM722g more than a year ago:

http://blog.trebacz.com/2012/01/comcast-xfinity-internet-and-arris.html

Hey Comcast, what about my chances of purchasing an Arris TM822g Modem thru your company or officially approved retailer? Let me know, please! I want to buy a modem, but the TM722g you guys offer right now is way too old! Why not let your dedicated customers buy a newer approved model? You guys do claim to strive for the best customer support and satisfaction. Try to show it ...

Frequent Visitor

Hello, anyone out there that can answer my question about obtaining an Arris TM822g thru Comcast? Thanks for your help.

New Poster

I'm in Illinois, so your the situation may be diiferent.
My local best buy was on the list for the tm722, but it was sold by the comcast agent in the store not best buy.
Turns out they stopped sending to the store a couple of weeks ago.
So I talked to the installer about purchasing a modem, he said people do it all the time.
Bought a tm822 on ebay, called to have it activated, told them it was purchased and got it activated immediately, no problems, no hassled.
You just have to find out if the policy in your area is somehow different, if the modem is on their approved list, which the tm822 is, they shouldn't be able to refuse to activate it.