Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Can I change my phone number ?

New Poster

This is kind of exactly the same issue that I was looking  to ask about. I live in (209) and would like to see about changing my comcast line to(408) due to the fact I work in the 408 and it would adda lot of convinience. Is that possible  and if so is there a charge for the change ?

Cable Expert

With Comcast, area codes mean nothing, your phone number must be in the local rate center where your home is located in.  If your rate center has multiple "overlay" area codes, then you might be able to get a new number. with a different area code but it must still be in the same rate center.

Unlike a wireless phone which you can port and move your number around all you want, Comcast is specific on only allowing numbers in the rate center you physically live in.  

Contact Comcast support for specifics in your location to find out exactly your available options.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon