Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: 911 calls being made, but we didn't call them

New Poster

The same thing happened to us last night.  All of a sudden, at 9PM, our doorbell rings and its the local police saying that someone called 911.  We dont even have a landline phone connected in our home.  Come to find out, I have a triple play bundle assigned to my account.  Wasnt even aware that I had a tripe play until I just called comcast.  Comcast "has no idea how this happened" but per this forum its a known issue.  Now I need to call the local police to discuss what to do going forward. 

New Poster

I just got my 2nd unexplained 911 call.  Do not see it in the Call log.   Checking to see if others have a similar issue and sure enough there is history. 

New Poster

I hear you I have never dialed 911 and in two months 5times that were dialed or called and twice in this month so it's always nice five kids and cops sneaking up its becoming.a annoying problem becAuse they do not just leave after telling them they make it like we're lying got to live with abusive police officer for non calls so fix it xfinity
Frequent Visitor

A few years ago I had a police officer show up at my door as well. There had been several hang ups. After a little investigating on my part, I realized that the phone was hooked up with a power cord that was not the correct one for the cordless phone. It was the wrong voltage and it was shorting out the phone causing it to dial random numbers. 911 being the most popular! 

Welcome to my world!! 

Have a wonderful holiday season!