New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Questions regarding privacy and other topics

Frequent Visitor

Questions regarding privacy and other topics

Good eve,

Am seriously considering signing up for the Xfinity Triple Play. The one year pricing can't be beat and even after the year, the cost still beats out the competitors. 

I have a few questions, though.

After reading I see that I can request that Comcast not handle my Voice Mail and use my own phone to collect Voice Mail (VM).

My greatest concerns are of privacy

1) If I ask Xfinity to turn off my VM, do they still record the messages?

2) I heard from several sales reps that Xfinity records ALL telephone incoming and outgoing calls.,

Is this true?

3) What other Internet based phone services can I ask Xfinity to turn off?.

If I turn them off, what are the drawbacks to me?

This is a starter list - noting below the International calling programs I need to research how much it will cost me to call the international locations I normally use.

4) Can someone lead me to the price listing per-country?

5) There are mutiple "extra charges" that I would like to have itemized for my area:

Equipment, - $7/month

installation, - Customer Installation

taxes,

franchise fees,

the Regulatory Recovery Fee

and other applicable charges extra

(e.g., per-call or international charges) extra

6) List of services: - How much, if anything, is the cost to use these features?

3-Way Calling
Anonymous Call Rejection
Call Forwarding
Call Forwarding Selective
Call Return
Call Screening
Call Waiting
Caller ID
Caller ID Blocking Per Call/Line
Caller ID with Call Waiting
Repeat Dialing
Speed Dial

Thank you,

chgenrich

Frequent Visitor

Re: Questions regarding privacy and other topics

Thanks for your total ignorance of my questions, Xfinity.

Seems to be a lot of that going around

*****BUMP*****

Frequent Visitor

If you turn Comcast voicemail off, you will not have a Comcast voice mailbox. Therefore, no message will be recorded. The sales rep may have been referring the calls to customer service where you hear the message, "This call may be monitored or recorded for quality or training purposes" or something like that. For pricing information, you can call 1-800-COMCAST to speak with a sales rep.

Frequent Visitor

With all due respect, thank you for the functional solution, Michael. However you must be aware that the customer *still* loses even with this situation.

ComcastMichael wrote:

If you turn Comcast voicemail off, you will not have a Comcast voice mailbox. Therefore, no message will be recorded. ...

After all the customer pays for these services, all tied to Comcast VoiceMail, whether they are used or not.

Therefore if I purchase Comcast Phone Service the cost includes Voice Mail and all the services that are tied to it - whether I use Voice Mail or not.

/user drags out the old HP RPN calculator .... tickety tickety, rickety tickety, ....YES !!!!

Not Worth It -

And I have found other information that Comcast does indeed record every songle incoming and outgoing phone call and voice mail.

Ahhhhh, I don't think so.

Worth it?

Me thinks not.