Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Question about installation?

Contributor

Question about installation?

We have an appointment set up for Friday for the new Comcast Digital Voice service.  After reading these posts I am getting nervous about making the switch!  If there are no problems, how long does the installation take.  I thought it was going to be just a matter of changing the computer modem.  Am I wrong?  I have 2 desktop computers....one of them is plugged into the modem and the other is upstairs through a router.  Then I have a wireless laptop with a Linksys router.  Am I going to have a problem with any of the computers?  Thanks for any input!
Security Expert

Re: Question about installation?

lynnshepard wrote:
We have an appointment set up for Friday for the new Comcast Digital Voice service.  After reading these posts I am getting nervous about making the switch!  If there are no problems, how long does the installation take.  I thought it was going to be just a matter of changing the computer modem.  Am I wrong?  I have 2 desktop computers....one of them is plugged into the modem and the other is upstairs through a router.  Then I have a wireless laptop with a Linksys router.  Am I going to have a problem with any of the computers?  Thanks for any input!

Things will probably go smoothly... And you shouldn't have a problem with your PCs.. Remember those who post here post here because they have a problem, the thousands of happy users... don't post.
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I would like to second what CajunTek said. I had my digital voice installed 2 days ago. The tech was very professional and extremely helpful and I have had zero problems. I am glad I made the switch despite the same reservations you had. I also have two computers running through a wireless router and all are working well. Both are Mac's and suprisingly the tech even knew how to work with them, which beleive me is not always the case.
Regular Contributor

Lynn,

I too was nervous but guess what, installation was as easy as 1-2-3 and I haven't had any problems with my service.

Like you, I have two pc's one main and the other on wireless.  For my phone, Comcast installed another box which is just for the phone.  Works Great!!!
Contributor

Thanks for responding.  I feel better after reading your post and hopefully mine will go smoothly too!
Thanks again, Lynn