Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Programmatic Access to Voice Mail?

Frequent Visitor

Programmatic Access to Voice Mail?

I am a software developer looking to integrate comcast voicemail access into a new product we are developing. 

I would like to be able to have direct access to Comcast voice mail files over the internet. Is there a WebServices (WSDL) interface available from you to do this?

Comcast (and any mobile phone) voice mail has always been more difficult to work with because the user must make a call and walk through an IVR.  This is time-consuming to do.  Having a device or computer be able to download the voice mail and have it immediately available to the user will make your voice mail system much more useful.

At the very least, emailing the voice mail (wave or mp3) file will be an improvement.

Is this available? Any plans to do this? Do you have a developer program available that I could find out about?

Thanks,

steve araiza
saraiza@contractor.net
s.araiza@comcast.net

Official Employee

Re: Programmatic Access to Voice Mail?

saraiza wrote:
I am a software developer looking to integrate comcast voicemail access into a new product we are developing. 

I would like to be able to have direct access to Comcast voice mail files over the internet. Is there a WebServices (WSDL) interface available from you to do this?

Comcast (and any mobile phone) voice mail has always been more difficult to work with because the user must make a call and walk through an IVR.  This is time-consuming to do.  Having a device or computer be able to download the voice mail and have it immediately available to the user will make your voice mail system much more useful.

At the very least, emailing the voice mail (wave or mp3) file will be an improvement.

Is this available? Any plans to do this? Do you have a developer program available that I could find out about?

Thanks,

steve araiza
saraiza@contractor.net
s.araiza@comcast.net

You can use the Digital Voice Center (DVC) now to get your voicemail via WAV file, or setup your account to forward to an email account.

JL
JL
Internet Services

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon