Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems with "porting" a phone number

New Poster

Problems with "porting" a phone number

Is there somebody at Comcast to whom I can write an email with an detailed account of the many different problems I had trying to "port" a phone number from one location to another?  After 39 days  the number was finally "ported" successfully.  It might be instructive to someone at a higher level to see how many mistakes were made in this one case.  The system for solving problems at Comcast is in need of a very serious overhaul.

Service Expert

Re: Problems with "porting" a phone numb

ruthbennett208 wrote:

Is there somebody at Comcast to whom I can write an email with an detailed account of the many different problems I had trying to "port" a phone number from one location to another?  After 39 days  the number was finally "ported" successfully.  It might be instructive to someone at a higher level to see how many mistakes were made in this one case.  The system for solving problems at Comcast is in need of a very serious overhaul.

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Tom Karinshak serves as Senior Vice President, Customer Service for Comcast Cable. In this role, he and his team work to ensure we are delivering an excellent customer service experience. Tom oversees call center operations including phone, chat and social media agents, in addition to other key touch points and service channels with our customers.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-formhttp://customer.comcast.com/help-and-sup...

Frequent Visitor

we've had the same trouble-three months nowwe've been trying to have our number ported to our new address. no results. many promises from the people who answer the phone. this is the trouble with a regulated monopoly.  any suggestions for help?

Administrator
Administrator

edwardbirk wrote:

we've had the same trouble-three months nowwe've been trying to have our number ported to our new address. no results. many promises from the people who answer the phone. this is the trouble with a regulated monopoly.  any suggestions for help?

I am hoping that everything works out after the fix from our end. I apologize for the long delay on this. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

Francisc-- thank you for getting involved. We have our number back. I hope it stays. I appreciate your help.
Administrator
Administrator

edwardbirk wrote:
Francisc-- thank you for getting involved. We have our number back. I hope it stays. I appreciate your help.

Hey no problem, glad I could be of help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

Good luck porting a number to Comcast voice.  I am 4 weeks into the process and they still can't get it.  Don't sign up thinking you'll be ported after service is installed.  Plan for a long drawn out process with conflicting messages as to why they can't do it. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes it took quite a while for my number to be ported over but once I found the right person it took a few hours. The folks on the phone didn't seem to be of much help. much more success on this forum once I was contacted by a Comcast employee as you'll see from my prior posts. It is not the best system but it works for me once I got to the right person. I hope you will try it as well. Take a look at my prior posts and send a private message to the Comcast person who was so helpful to me
Regular Visitor

thanks edwardbirk.  I will try.