New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems with Voice Mail and Call Logs

ANSWERED
Contributor

Problems with Voice Mail and Call Logs

In SmartZone, I can access and play voice mail messages.   But attempts to see Missed Calls, Answered Calls, Placed Calls all return an error:  "We are currently unable to display call records.  We apologize for this inconvenience."

In the iPhone mobile application, I can login fine -- and email is displayed correctly.  AND I even get "push" notifications when a new voice mail is left.  But the Digital Voice screen reports 0 messages for Voice Mail, Outgoing, and Missed.  When I click the refresh icon, it says "Updating..." for a moment, followed by "Updated: <current date/time>", but still says "No Messages".

I have tried the usual "Logoff and Login again", and "delete and re-install the Comcast iPhone mobile app" (both several times) but still get the same results.  And of course the inability to access call logs appears in both SmartZone and the iPhone app, so that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mobile app.

Email help and online chat were like hitting my head on a brick wall -- totally worthless, and painful.

Can someone here tell me why the iPhone mobile app cannot access Voice Mail messages, and why neither SmartZone nor the iPhone mobile app can access Call Logs?

Thanks...

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with Voice Mail and Call Logs

The Comcast admin for this forum has been notified and will look into your call log issues.

Please watch this post and your email for updates from the team.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

The Comcast admin for this forum has been notified and will look into your call log issues.

Please watch this post and your email for updates from the team.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Jay,

It is working now!  Thanks for your help.

I have to vent a moment regarding the email and chat support...

I had emailed for support (Comcast_Mobile@cable.comcast.com) earlier in the day, clearly explaining the problem just as I did here.  Their first diagnosis was to say there was a problem with my iPhone and that I should contact Apple or be suspect of any recent firmware updates.  Sorry, my phone and every application on it -- except the Digital Voice feature of Comcast Mobile App -- is working perfectly.  

I responded back explaining the symptoms again, and clarifying that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my phone -- and that, in fact, I could not access the call logs from either the mobile app or SmartZone.  I asked them to escalate to a second level tech for investigation.

Their next reply -- information on what to do when login fails, like how to make sure your password is case-specific and how to find a lost password.   Are you kidding me?  I had clearly explained that I was able to login just fine, but could not access CALL LOGS.   I guess that's what happens when a company hires cheap labor from India to handle email tech support. 

I tried chat, and after a bunch of useless steps (like clearing my browser cache and resetting IE settings, what the heck would that have to do with the Comcast Mobile app?), they wanted to reset my account password so I could login.  HELLO???  I was obviously logging in just fine, my password was fine, and working both in SmartZone and the mobile application on iPhone.   Waste of time.

I give Comcast an "A" for the service itself, but the email and "chat" representatives get an F-.  I have NEVER gotten a problem resolved via either of those channels. 

I will also give an "A" for the support here on the forum.  I can see issue after issue getting successfully resolved here, usually on the very first contact.  THANK YOU!