Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems w/ phone for entire week!

New Poster

Problems w/ phone for entire week!

I fell for the Comcast phone service - people warned me but I didn't listen.  It has been trouble from day 1 - my most recent issue began last week - for no reason, my phone was dead - no dial tone; however, if someone was trying to call in, my phone would ring - I would pick it up but the phone was dead.  I call Comcast on Saturday and am told someone can come out on Sunday morning - I'm ecstatic.  The guy shows up bright and early and informs me the trouble is not with Comcast, but with our phone line.  Before whenever Comcast had to come out for the phone, the problem was never "them", but always "us".  I explain about the horrendous amount of static - so much so, that I cannot even be on the phone as it is intolerable.  The tech makes a call using my phone and says very condescendingly, "Well I don't hear anything.  Are you sure you heard static?"
He leaves and when I go to make a phone call, there's no dial tone?!  Evidently, Mr. Smart Technician Comcast Guy didn't plug the phone jack back in the right slot on the modem!!! 
I am at the end of my rope with this service and will be switching to another provider for my phone.  UNREAL - and you can **bleep** well bet that someone is going to be givng me a credit for this past week!!  I'm disgusted.          
New Poster

Re: Problems w/ phone for entire week!...what about over 2 weeks now???!!!!

How about over two weeks now!  It's been over two weeks since we've had that LOUD static on our phone line.  I'm in South San Jose, CA.  I  called to find out what's going on and they said "there's an outage in your (our) area", and "the technicians are working to resolve the problem".  A week and a half later, the problem still existed.  I was again told that there's and an outage and the technicians are working really hard to solve the problem.  ...Now another week has passed, there is still that LOUD static, and now Comcast said the problem in our area is now fixed!

Yeah right!  Our phone line always worked before the outage.  Now that the outage was fixed, our phone line still has that loud static that you cannot hear the dial tone.  Am I SOL??????

We have a baby in the house, and it's critical to have a working phone line for emergencies!  COMCAST...can you help?????