Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems With Phone Ringing, No Caller ID, Etc.

New Poster

Problems With Phone Ringing, No Caller ID, Etc.

For the last week, maybe a little more, I have been experiencing serious problems with my Comcast phone service.

The phone shows caller ID on the TV but not on any phone(s).

The phone lights up (showing an incoming call) but does not ring until the caller's 4th ring.  I tested it with my cellphone.  So I get 2-3 rings and nobody and I never know who to call back.

I have re-booted the newer modem which I've had for several months without prior problems with the phone.

I would appreciate anyone's insight and help.

Thanks!

Service Expert

Re: Problems With Phone Ringing, No Caller ID, Etc

Goodyear2017 wrote:

For the last week, maybe a little more, I have been experiencing serious problems with my Comcast phone service.

The phone shows caller ID on the TV but not on any phone(s).

The phone lights up (showing an incoming call) but does not ring until the caller's 4th ring.  I tested it with my cellphone.  So I get 2-3 rings and nobody and I never know who to call back.

I have re-booted the newer modem which I've had for several months without prior problems with the phone.

I would appreciate anyone's insight and help.

Thanks!

Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and begin the troubleshooting process with a CSR.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Problems With Phone Ringing, No Caller ID, Etc

Thanks for responding Geek46 -- exactly what I was trying to avoid.

Would rather go swimming at Fukashima than deal with Comcast Customer Service.

But I did . . . answered the computer's questions and wasted 15-minutes while it was programmed to insist over-and-over that a "reset" would fix the problem.

It didn't.

Oh, and the reset that only "takes a couple minutes" took almost 30-minutes.

So I called back and had to re-answer all the same questions to get the computer to "allow" me to speak with a live person.

And when I did, he barely spoke intelligible English.

He politely but basically called me a liar and deamded two (2) specific examples of exactly when this had happened and which numbers were calling at the time.

When I came up with them he had nothing more to offer.

I wasted another 30-minutes there.  So over 45-minutes total and my problem remains completely unresolved.

He did nothing and said someone would call sometime within the next 3-days to "troubleshoot."

AND WE KEEP PAYING FOR THIS KIND OF "SERVICE?"

It's clear Comcast "customer service" is designed to make it as difficult as possible to deal with and make folks just go away.

And it's also why so many (myself definitely included) are actively looking for alternatives . . .