Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem with new Comcast voice modem

Regular Visitor

Problem with new Comcast voice modem

I decided to use Comcast for my voice service and I just had the UBEE DVM3203B modem installed.  I have a 2-line phone and for some reason when a call comes in to line 1, the light for line two also blinks.  The call, however, can only be answered on line 1. I checked the modem diagnostics and on line 2 the MTA diagnostics failed something called Incorrect Line Voltage Detection. I had the original technician come back the afternoon and he checked out and lines and said the Comcast stuff was fine and it most be something in my phone.  I also have a second two line phone and it works fine.  When I move my problem phone to a different jack it still works incorrectly. I can call the second line with no problem and it lights correctly.  The phone is an AT&T ML 17939 two line phone with answering system.  Any suggestions?

Cable Expert

Re: Problem with new Comcast voice modem

I'd say it's the phone, replace it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Anyone know of a two-line phone with digital answering system that works with Comcast CDV?

New Poster

i use the vtech dect6