Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem porting phone number COMPLAINT

New Poster

Problem porting phone number COMPLAINT

I cancelled my Comcast service last time because the customer service is terrible and I was over the runaround and lying. Because Uverse speeds aren't great and my other option was more expensive, I decided to give Comcast another chance with home phone and internet. I setup my service on Thursday 6/4 and had internet up and running that day because I own my modem. I was also told the port for my home phone number was processed, went throught the third party verification, and that I'd be good by Monday the latest. I called today to find out the status only to get from the porting department that the request was put through today while I was on the phone and it would not be proted over from AT&T until Thursday. Obviously this was angering and annoying and the reason I left to begin with -- no one ever seems to do what they say they will at Comcast. I asked to be transferred to the billing department so I could get this noted on my account and have a credit for my phone services because I'm still paying AT&T for service I can't use, as well as a hassle and good-will credit for moving back to Comcast and them not following through like they said they would. I wish I could say I was surprised when the billing agent went through the notes and told me they tried to port the number but AT&T was holding the process and that it wasn't their fault and it was as fast as they could and it would all be resolved when it was convenient for them. There is nothing I hate more than being lied to -- note the porting department already told me they NEVER ported the number. The funniest thing, all I could really do was laugh at ow pathetic Comcast really is sometimes, especially when the billing guy hung up on me. 

I gave Comcast another chance. I am STILL giving you that chance. FIX THIS ISSUE and credit me accordingly. Thankfully U-Verse internet, voice, and TV are finally in my area so I have another option if you chose to ignore or not make this right.

- An annoyed and frustrated customer