Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem in Broomall, PA

Contributor

Problem in Broomall, PA

No phone service again, what a shock!  We get dial tone, make a call and are told it did not go through, you call our number and you get one loud beep and that's it.  On top of the annoying sounds other people hear when we talk to them now the service in the area is out and no one will tell me anything.  I need a phone, atleast for emergency use and this is out?  Come on now, stop dropping the ball!!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Problem in Broomall, PA

Hi TOmSal,

I've done some checking and it looks like there was a problem with the software on the switch that handles calls in your area. There was a brief loss of service while the software on the switch was repaired and while it was rebooting, but the problem should have been resolved quickly. From the records I have access to, everything should have been running normally again by 3 PM Eastern time yesterday.

If you are having any further problems, please email me directly.

Thanks very much for your patience.

Geoff.

Contributor

yeah that worked for like 2 days and now the problem is back, STOP DROPPING THE BALL COMCAST, FIX THE DMAN THING!
Regular Contributor

Hi TOmSal,

I apologize that you’re still having problems with your service. Comcast is making every effort to correct the issue. I checked your account and confirmed that the problem has been escalated to one of our line technicians. Also, I see that that a service technician is scheduled to come to your house tomorrow morning.

While the great majority of our subscribers have zero issues with our Comcast Digital Voice service, there are these rare occasions when something unusual occurs. This is one of those situations that has required a bit of trial-and-error to resolve. Thank you so much for bearing with us while we have worked to isolate this issue.

Between the line technician and the technician scheduled to your home, we believe everything should be working by Saturday afternoon.

If you’re still experiencing problems after that, please email me directly.

Thank you for choosing Comcast,

Richard