Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Power went out and now my home phone will not work

Frequent Visitor

Power went out and now my home phone will not work

My lights flickered on and off today and then my home phone would not work. I have no dial tone and when I cal customer service they wont even try to fix it. The answer is the same as always unplug it and plug it back in. The woman would only tell me that she cant fix it and it is going to be transferred to another company or something and that they will call me. For the ungodly high price I pay Comcast I would think they could at least hire someone that can give me a answer other than "no" or "i dont know". So now I have no phone and no way of fixing it what do I do?!?!?! Could someone tell me who to call or what to do myself? Because I dont have a cell phone plan  where I can just sit and talk for hours trying to chase down a answer or someone that knows what is going on.

Service Expert

Re: Power went out and now my home phone will not

Anon1613387 wrote:

My lights flickered on and off today and then my home phone would not work. I have no dial tone and when I cal customer service they wont even try to fix it. The answer is the same as always unplug it and plug it back in. The woman would only tell me that she cant fix it and it is going to be transferred to another company or something and that they will call me. For the ungodly high price I pay Comcast I would think they could at least hire someone that can give me a answer other than "no" or "i dont know". So now I have no phone and no way of fixing it what do I do?!?!?! Could someone tell me who to call or what to do myself? Because I dont have a cell phone plan  where I can just sit and talk for hours trying to chase down a answer or someone that knows what is going on.

When the power flickered, if you do not have your gateway on a UPS or have a battery installed in the Gateway it WILL turn off.... once power is restored the Gateway will reinitialize its connection to the CC network....    If it doesn't the rep was correct, another POWER DOWN will initiate a reboot sequence...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon