Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Porting of old phone number

New Poster

Porting of old phone number

We had Comcast installed June 30th.  Everyting worked fine until someone tried to call me on my old number, we had told them to port our old phone number, they called our cell number and said that the house line "is disconnected or no longer in service"...  I called my cell from the house line and it is showing a Comcast phone number, NOT my old phone number.  I called support the next day and they said that it would be taken care of.  Well as of today my old number is still not ported.

WHY???

Service Expert

Re: Porting of old phone number

matter4 wrote:

We had Comcast installed June 30th.  Everyting worked fine until someone tried to call me on my old number, we had told them to port our old phone number, they called our cell number and said that the house line "is disconnected or no longer in service"...  I called my cell from the house line and it is showing a Comcast phone number, NOT my old phone number.  I called support the next day and they said that it would be taken care of.  Well as of today my old number is still not ported.

WHY???

These forums are public forums...   You really need to contact Comcast directly concerning this issue....

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon