Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Porting # between 2 Comcast accounts not possible!

Regular Visitor

Porting # between 2 Comcast accounts not possible!

Warning to all. I was told by CR that you can not port one comcast phone number to another comcast account. My mother in law was staying with us, but has moved  and open a comcast account. She wants to port the phone number she had when staying with us. CR said comcast can not port internally. Buyer beware. This will screw up anybody sharing an apartment for sure!

New Poster

Re: Porting # between 2 Comcast accounts not possi

The told me the same thing, but after a pushing a while, they told me that customer service could fix things for me, which they did.  I now have the old number on a new account.

Regular Visitor

I have spent a week on this. It should not be this hard. I have talked with my Mother in law and we are going to call Vonage next week and see if they can pull the number from comcast. Comcast has problems if they can not port number internally and gain  more customers. Thanks for the reply

Cable Expert

I have to ask is the new account in the same telephone rate center?  Many times porting issues are impossible because the number is being ported to a new rate center, and Comcast can't do that.  This is not an issue for many VOIP and mobile carriers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

In my case, the reused number was at the same address as the old number, but it took almost an hour of wrangling to get to a person who was even willing to admit it was possible.
Regular Visitor

In my case the same rate, city and we are only 10 miles apart.