Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Porting a Land LIne number to Xfinity voice

New Poster

Porting a Land LIne number to Xfinity voice

In the maze of junk on the Xfinity Support pages - I cannot seem to find a simple guide or 1,2,3 steps to porting my exisitng land line number to my Xfinity Voice account.  Anyone have a URL for the "official" process ?

Thanks all - WDN_Man

Service Expert

Re: Porting a Land LIne number to Xfinity voice

WDN_Man wrote:

In the maze of junk on the Xfinity Support pages - I cannot seem to find a simple guide or 1,2,3 steps to porting my exisitng land line number to my Xfinity Voice account.  Anyone have a URL for the "official" process ?

Thanks all - WDN_Man

I would sugest that you visit your local Service Center and discuss the Porting process with them.  There is no documentaton that I know of online and can only state that I left my AT&T service connected until after the porting process took place and my AT&T service was automatically terminated.  Service Locations can be found at this link:  http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Porting a Land Line number to Xfinity voice

Laughable.  It is so sad...

The biggest cable provider in the U.S. does not have published standards in the form of a PDF or URL for porting a number to their voice service that they relentlessly push - that I can find.  Calling for support is an exercise in frustration.  I could call CSD (4) times and get (4) different answers.  In most cases I just give up.  I honestly believe that the techs have the best intentions - but - there is nothing to refer the customers "to" other than a tip they get from another staffer or personal experience (if any) they may have had a measure of success with previously. Under Support for Voice there should be URLs with detailed instructions on the process at Comcast for porting both "from" and "to" Comcast and/or any of the other major carriers.  ATT to Comcast - this URL.  Vonage to Comcast - another URL.  Better yet - how about an online form that you can fill out and submit ? This isn't rocket science and the ability for a customer to port their number has been an FCC requirement for years now.   Although I do appreciate the suggestion geek46 - I think that having to get in a car and drive to a service center to do something so simple as porting a phone number is ridiculous.  Again - no offense intended and I am sure you are only offering a suggestion that you thought might help so please do not take my rebuke personally.  Comcast does little to beguile their customer once they have you signed up under a (1) or (2) or more year contract.   I am not about to take a chance losing the number I have had for 20+ years.  I can see it now.  Joe/Josephine says - do X, Y, Z to port the number.  After a month goes by you find your number "lost" in the shuffle and the only recourse is to accept a "heartfelt apology".  So sad - too bad...  Now go change every account you have to point to a new number, notify all your friends, health care providers, auto repair shops, and on and on....   I honestly believe there are no published procedures so that the customer has nothing to hold Comcast accountable "with".    Wheh - I feel much better now....LOL

Thanks again - WDN_Man 

Official Employee

Re: Porting a Land Line number to Xfinity voice

Hi WDN_Man,  I can assist in getting your number ported from another carrier if you are still needing assistance. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon