Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Port issue

New Poster

Port issue

I think Comcast customer service may drive me mad! I have been through 3rd Party verification 3 times now to port my number. Have opened multiple tickets, all saying the number could be ported. I call today and the answer I get is that it can't be ported. No reason. As a matter of fact, the lady in the call center said, she only reads whats on the screen. They should have never told you it could be ported. I know that's a lie because almost all landline numbers can be ported, and the fact that I was sent through verification should have been a clue to her that it could be ported. I ran the number through the screening on the computer. Can be ported. I talk to 2 seperate people in Voice customer service. Same answer. Then this today? And all involved made me go through the entire process over the last 2 weeks, even though it should all be there in my file. Oh and the lady also said she could not permit me to talk to the tech who was helping me out through this mess. I hope I'm not going to regret this comcast move.

Official Employee

Re: Port issue

There's at least 2 things that can hold up a port
1. You still owe money to previous provider, they don't have to give up your number if you do
2. The number is in what's called the wrong rate center

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon