Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Poor Quality While Downloading

Contributor

Poor Quality While Downloading

Starting yesterday, I am getting very poor voice quality (sound is garbled, missing every other syllable) when I am downloading on my computer.  The symptom is exactly what I always had when using Magic Jack while downloading.  Comcast told me Digital Voice does not use the Internet so why is this now happening?  Misconfigured modem?  Comcast over capacity and redirecting voice calls to Internet? 

As I mentioned, this just started yesterday.  I had DV for a year now in this location.

Cable Expert

Re: Poor Quality While Downloading

Please contact Comcast support and they can do a health check on your eMTA and decide on the next step to take to get you fixed.  You probably having signal issues to your eMTA telephony modem that needs a tech to fix.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Poor Quality While Downloading

Thanks, the Comcast tech was here a few hours ago and checked the modem and signals and wiring.  He replaced the modem but the problem is still here.  He said he never encountered this before and was unable to fix it but will come back tomorrow and if necessary will install two modems tmeporarily if this fixes the problem.

Wierd, huh?