Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Poor Phone policies

New Poster

Poor Phone policies

Love Comcast but the phone situation sucks.... I obviously was assigned someones old number and I'm the one who has to deal with credit agencies calling my NEW number and leaving their messages... I sledom use the landline and it's a pain to see there are messages only to find out I have limited options to delete these i.e. only so many screened numbers allowed, and can't just delete the numbers with a click of a button... and to think we have to PAY for these headaches... might just unplug the danf thing and be done with it!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Poor Phone policies

It isn't really Comcast's fault someone didn't pay their bills and used that phone number as a contact number. They can't control that, and they can't see previous owners of the number and if they paid their bills when assigning new ones. I guess the only real complaint here is that you can only block 12 numbers and you want it to be increased.

New Poster

Well that wasn't really my point... with all the combination of numbers one would think that Comcast could either:

1. Not give out numbers in the same area - - My number had to be used in the same area as I live in, because the local collectors are calling...

2. Hold onto "old" numbers for a lot longer than it appears that they do...

I'm venting and don't require a reply... it's just a pain to not look at the voice mail screeen and not be able to delete what you know isn't anything I need to deal with.

New Poster

I feel your pain and was in the same boat.  Some of the creditor calls were coming from Comcast themselves trying to retrieve their equipment from the previous phone number holder.  One would think that Comcast would know that this person was no longer at this number as the number was given to a different customer.