Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phones don't ring

New Poster

Phones don't ring

I see numerous complaints about phones not ringing.  We had our service installed 3 days ago, and our phones don't ring.  We were originally told it could take 2 days for the new number Comcast gave us to port over.  After the two days passed, I tried calling yesterday, and gave up after over an hour on hold.  I tried the internet chat, but noone answered.  I reached someone today, who told me a tech would call in one to three days.  Not very good service.  Anyway, presumably someone out there has had this problem resolved.  I saw a few posts saying they were told they needed a new modem.  Did that work?  THere is also a fair amount of interference on the line when I call out- did anyone experience that together with the no ring problem?

Cable Expert

Re: Phones don't ring

First test it with a good wired phone connected directly to the eMTA telephony modem's L1/L2 jack.  That will determine if it's a service issue with Comcast or a inside telephone wiring issue.

If you can't dial out or get calls in connected directly to the eMTA telephony modem, then there are still issues with your account.  If you can't get satisfaction with Comcast support, then send a email to 

we_can_help@cable.comcast.com with details, your account, service address and a good daytime phone number you can be reached at and this team will get the right local people to get your service working.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon