Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone works, phone doesn't Comcast Wong fix

New Poster

Phone works, phone doesn't Comcast Wong fix

I am at my wits end with lousy service. It hasn't always been that way. I had a number of years of excellent service. That all stopped in September. Since then Comcast has had me talk to customer service in India, The Philippines, Mexico, Costa Rica and at least three states. Hours on the phone, hang ups, disconnects, promises of call backs and then some. The issue? Sometimes calls come through, sometimes people get voice mail, sometimes they do not. The only thing keeping me with Comcast is the option, Frontier, doesn't have real favorable reviews. All Comcast tells me is everything is working ok, even when it isn't. How can I talk to someone who will stay on this issue tell it is resolved?
Regular Visitor

Re: Phone works, phone doesn't Comcast Wong fix

Welcome to the comcast world,wonder why we have no jobs in USA. Have a problem for 2 days now as I cannot receive any incoming calls.Ststes that this number has been disconnected,sure wish they would tell me why..Anyhow higher hg is working on it.And this time he was from the hippiness"now the rest of the story.
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. The phone works to dial out, but doesn't ring when a call comes in, it goes straight to voicemail. 

Regular Contributor

You might try emailing Comcast at we_can_help@cable.comcast.net because they are sometimes more successful at resolving issues than the call center employees are.

New Poster

I had the same exact issue last week. My phone would ring like 1/2 a ring then nothing. I could make out going calls but not receive any incoming calls. Was on the cell phone with Comcast numerous times trying to get this fixed. Got tired of being hung up on, disconnected, promise of return calls that never came, you name it. Even did the online help thing. In Comcasts sttempt to remotely fix my issue they made it so I had no phone at all. Finally got a tech out here on Tuesday........ Problem is now fixed, This is what they found out, it might help someof you as well :

UPDATE to our no phone issue: 

We had a tech out here on Tues 12/17  He scratched his head a few times because none of this made any sense to him. He did go check our cable lines & even though he saw nothing wrong with them, he said they were older lines & a bit stiff so he & another guy went ahead & ran new lines (from the pole to the house).  After that was done I did have a dial tone on my phone again however I still could not receive any incoming calls, it kept going to voice mail. Well after doing some digging between the tech & who ever at teh office he was talking to on the phone they had discovered that some how my phone was put on call forwarding (hence the no incoming calls)  & was being forwarded to some number in Mass. that belonged to a beauty supply place.  So for anyone else who is not receiving their incoming calls you might want them to check that out, see if some how your number is being call forwarded.

New Poster

Most of my calls out aren't getting through; I get a busy signal.  Often incoming calls don't ring; they go straight to voice mail.  I need reliable phone service, will be looking elsewhere!