Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone won't ring- forwarded directly to voicemail

New Poster

Phone won't ring- forwarded directly to voicemail

Maybe someone can help me here because I have now been hung up on while being "transferred" 7 times. What a great way to waste an hour of my day after doing the same thing for 2 hours yesterday Thanks Comcast!

My phone wont ring. Finally got my pin code so I could log in and see my account and I found 43 voicemails over the last 3 months because the phone has never rang. Can someone who speaks English actually help me with this??? 

New Poster

Re: Phone won't ring- forwarded directly to voicem

After I installed the new modem (with wi-fi) that Comcast sent to replace the old one, I had that same problem only sporadically.  The contractor for Comcast was at the house yesterday and found that although I spent hours on the phone with Comcast getting the phone to work after the installation of the modem, Comcast never took the old modem out of their system.  Therefore, I had two modems in their system and they were working against each other, even though I had only the new modem installed.

When I installed the new modem, I was told by Comcast that I didn't need to bring the old one back.  That is what the problem was - conflict.

Well, we will see.  Haven't had a problem yet; keeping my fingers crossed.  Hopefully all of this wasn't just bs which is par for the course.

New Poster

Evidently we are experiencing the same problem. Calling my home phone, it goes directly to voicemail. No ring when calling in. Cannot get a dial tone and cannot retrieve voicemail on my home phone. I also used to get an audible alert for incoming calls on my mobile phone thru the Xfinity app, that no longer happens. I assume that is because the home phone is not ringing. Does Comcast have a response to this? 

New Poster

I too am experiencing the same problem - phone will not ring, goes directly to voice mail.  Have sat on hold for hours with comcast who caused the problem yesterday when activating my second line.  What a bunch of clowns they are and all foreigners with serious accents.  Nearly impossible to understand anything they say.

New Poster

same thing here - i am starting to think Comcast phone was a bad idea.

Will leave service soon if this continues

Regular Contributor

What area are you in? Could be a local outage...

New Poster

southeast

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  I have been on the cell phone for 2 days, trying to get this straightened out.  Yesterday, I was put through all the hoops as far as unplugging, waiting 2 minutes then plugging in again.  I moved phones from one place to another.  Nothing!  I was told to replace the wire from the modem to the wall jack.  I informed the girl that it was getting late and I would do it this morning.  This morning I tried the replacement.  Nothing.  I called back and was told a tech would be here between 12 PM and 5 PM.  At 5 PM after no tech appeared or called on the cells, I called Comcast again.  The recording said that since a tech had been here, did I have further trouble with the phone?  I tried talking to another tech, who said someone would be out on MONDAY!!!  Now I am paying $3.95 each month for the Service Protection Plan.  I talked to another tech, who told me that they made a Special Request and was able to get me a tech tomorrow between 12 PM & 5 PM.  This is just great!!  I have company coming with plans to go away and now I won't be able to go.  I will be stuck waiting for the tech to come!!!  They seemed to have every excuse in the book about how this all happened.  Oh yeah, another thing:  I kept asking to speak to a Supervisor; but he refused to speak with me.  Ready to go Satellite!!

New Poster

This helps me a lot - I too have two modems on my system ( which they told me was OK) but hopefully when i disconect one it will work!!!

jf

New Poster

It won't.  I had the same problem again yesterday.  I am just too angry to call them because the contractor was here on Wed and the problems are not solved.  Maybe today I will call.

New Poster

Just FYI - my problem was solved after they reset my modem and I repowered my cordless base station.  Might be worth a try.

New Poster

Thanks.  I will try doing that before I call.  

New Poster

By the way, when you say 'repowered' do you mean unplugging and plugging back in?

New Poster

Yes - LOL  Glad to see someone else needs that explanation - same question I had to ask the tech.

New Poster

Also worth mentioning - my problem was solved only after accessing online Chat - had zero luck with any phone contacts and it appeared none of them had so much as even written a work order on my complaint.  Online chat was knowledgable, courteous, patient, and most importantanly, successful.  With so many customers experiencing the same problem, would seem like Comcast would have educated their techs better?  Good luck.

New Poster

THIS DID NOT WORK!

New Poster

Re: Phone won't ring-goes to voicemail

Phone calls go directly to voicemail No ringing  I have contacted Comcast All I get are excuses  After last contact was told this issue forwarded to a tech who will contact within 24 hours!! This issue has been going on for 4 dasys with out any end in site I guess the only thing  Comcast unserstands is if customers start leaving This is  an example of poor service I cannot understand what the customer tech is saying I have to constantly ask to speak more distinctly and slower I want the service I am paying for back I am tired of excuses

New Poster

Purchased my own to get rid of the monthly leased fee, which after 3 years, they should just drop the rental fee.  I've paid for the cost of the unit at least twice over the years,  However, . Comcast can get the TV and internet working. Told me the phone plug on my modem has a problem. No, its not the problem. Anybody else have this issue?

New Poster

Me, too, and it is since I installed the "new improved" modem. Spent hours on phone having someone who I could barely understand reboot the installation four times before phone would ring. We could call out so did not realize there was a problem for a few days - until a friend stopped. by to tell us. Today, I have a friend who has. called three times without the phone ringing so it went straight to voicemail - note: no one was on phone at our end. Now what do I do?
New Poster

Phone rings sometimes. I can call out. Rest go to voicemail without ringing at all - this after re powering, resetting four times with hard to understand tech - took over an hour. Doubt he even reported the problem. Can I go back to the old modem that I have not mailed back yet?
New Poster

Did not work for me either - sometimes phone rings, sometimes it goes right to voicemail with no ring.????
New Poster

i found the answer- you have to get a tech guy to actually come out to your house. 
they are able to fix it then.

New Poster

We have been having this problem for over a year.  30 calls, 4 techs and a new modem and every time it is fixed it only lasts for about one to two weeks and goes out again.  The only thing to do at this point is wait it out for  8 months when our contract is up and then go with ATT.

Regular Visitor

I just started with Comcast, the cable and the internet work, but after my number was ported, no call come ring thru,,,then calls from sprint cell phone would go straight to voicemail, while calls from other phone would come thru. My daughter has a sprint phone and when she dial the home same thing it goes straight to voicemail without ringing. My wife has ATT cell phone and when she calls the house phone it rings..

Comcast cant resolve the issues, I called Sprint and they say there is no issues with my sprint phone, it must be with Comcast.

HELP

New Poster

Sorry to say I am still having problems.  And, my bill goes up and up and up.  We are at the mercy of Comcast and there is nothing we can do about it.  Switch to ATT?  Switch to Dish Network?  They all have their problems.  We need to get rid of cable tv monsters like Comcast.  It will really be horrendous when Time Warner and comcast merge.