New Poster

Phone transfer a nightmare/I want my number back

My phone number 302 365 9008 was to be transfer from vonage

Comcast did the porting in of the number

Now they can NOT connect the number to my account

I need my number back

Spoke to phone porting dept, technical support  multiple time

Nobody seems to be able to help

Numerous calls  got disconnected today ? Intentional by agent?

Transfer  from one to another to another to another dept......... No help  no body is knowing what to do

Technical support opened ticket  NO BENEFIT  WHY?

A supervisor  Ashley in phone porting department promised to help  no call in 4 days

VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE experience

All I want is my phone number back  302 365 9008

PLEASE HELP HELP HELP

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Phone transfer a nightmare/I want my number ba

Having the same problem...trying to get a number  (american voice) that can help...it's been 12 days on the phone now...does anybody have a good comcast number ???

New Poster

I recently went through the same sort of issue.  I wanted my phone number ported from Sprint.  I called and was told everything was set, would take a couple days.  I waited a couple days, it was not ported.  Called back, got at least a half dozen help desk (foreign) people none of which seem to have any idea what they were doing.  Finally demanded a supervisor.  He told me there was an outage in my are and when the outage was fixed, my phone would magically appear with the new number.  Didn't happen.  Called again,  After 10 days and approximately 15 phone calls, I got a Comcast Rep that seemed to know what she was talking about and she got a three way phone call with me and Sprint and her and we worked out the issue.  It now works.  All I can say is keep trying no matter how frustrating.

New Poster

Same issue...After conversation, no copy of transcript, disappeared, and no emaikl, lioke I had never called.  I dont think they know what they are doing..Communication was very very bad.   I am very unhappy, and still dont have my phone either.

New Poster

same here also ,they said it didnt match 911 address,thats a lie had the same number and matching address for over ten years, the new number they gave me is for neighboring town which is the wrong 911 porting number.

New Poster

Absolutely same issue!!!

Regular Visitor

It was taking weeks to get my number transferred from ATT.

Finally, I went to the Comcast Corporate website and sent emails to the CEO and various VP's about my problem.

The problems was IMMEDIATELY assigned to a local "executive customer service expeditor".

She performed miracles that the basic Comcast service rep could only dream of doing.

In Comcast's defense, ATT wasn't very cooperative about the porting transfer.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the SAME PROBLEM!!!!!  And the person that is answering the phone doesn't have a clue what is going on.  And they know it's not me because of the different ethnicity that is strongly present.

It's interesting how it is happening so frequently now!  Again customer Disservice