New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone svc out 5 days. Customer Svc SUCKS

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Phone svc out 5 days. Customer Svc SUCKS

My phone service has been out for 5 days.  Called customer service (Renny) on Saturday.  Technician was to come out on Monday between 8-11 am.  CSR asked for a valid phone number because tech would call 30 minutes before arriving.  Received  no call - left for 20 minutes to take kids to school - home by 8:20.  At 11:20, still no call and no tech.  Per CSR (Kimberly), tech came, no one home, tech left.  Asked for supervisor (Lorenzo).  On hold for over 1/2 hour (so long that the follow up survey call was calling in on my other line while I was on eternal hold!)  Sup said tech would come back between 6-8 pm.  By 9pm, no tech, no call, still no phone service.  Waited a full day for Comcast to call me on that valid phone number I had now given them no less than 4 times.  No call.  Wednesday morning, called CSR (Edgar).  The call was "mysteriously disconnected".  I figured I would get a call right back from Edgar since he had my information on his screen and had that valid phone number (now given for the 5th time!) where I could be reached.  It's been almost 2 hours....I'm still waiting. 

This is a recurring problem with my phone.  It happens every now and then, I call Comcast, they send a signal to reset the phone and all is well.  This time, signal didn't work.  CSR said the system was reporting a problem on Comcast's end.  He suggested that the technician may charge me for the service call -- this in the same breath as "this is showing as a problem on our end".  So now I'm paying for service that doesn't work and I have to take a day off from work to wait for a technician to come to my house to fix their problem and I have to pay him????  I decided to review the Comcast Customer Guarantee that is touted on the Customer Service recording.  So far, it's an epic FAIL on the following:

We will quickly address any problem you experience.

After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve a routine issue, we will extend a complimentary service to your account. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.

We will schedule appointments at your convenience and be mindful of your time.

As a courtesy, we will call you before we arrive at your home. And if we fail to arrive for a scheduled visit during the appointment window, we will credit $20 to your account.*

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone svc out 5 days. Customer Svc SUCKS

After posting my complaint online, Comcast was extremely responsive in resolving my phone issue.  I received several calls from technicians/managers to arrange a convenient time to check the issue at my home.  Today a manager and a technician arrived to troubleshoot the problem.  Turns out that someone unplugged something on the box and didn't plug things back in correctly so it was a very easy fix.

I am sorry it took a post to a public forum to get a response.  A simple courtesy call would have gone a long way to prevent a public complaint. 

I would like to thank both the manager and technician who came out to help and Arthur from the corporate office.  All were very nice and helpful; the technicial identified the problem and did something to the box to prevent it from happening again.  Arthur just called to confirm that all was fixed and to let me know he's crediting my account for the days I was without service.  i have to give kudos to the team who worked diligently to fix this issue in the last 24 hours.  Thank you!

View answer in context
Cable Expert

The Comcast Corp team has been notified of your phone and tech experience.

Expect a followup as soon as possible.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Retired Administrator

morrissv wrote:

My phone service has been out for 5 days.  Called customer service (Renny) on Saturday.  Technician was to come out on Monday between 8-11 am.  CSR asked for a valid phone number because tech would call 30 minutes before arriving.  Received  no call - left for 20 minutes to take kids to school - home by 8:20.  At 11:20, still no call and no tech.  Per CSR (Kimberly), tech came, no one home, tech left.  Asked for supervisor (Lorenzo).  On hold for over 1/2 hour (so long that the follow up survey call was calling in on my other line while I was on eternal hold!)  Sup said tech would come back between 6-8 pm.  By 9pm, no tech, no call, still no phone service.  Waited a full day for Comcast to call me on that valid phone number I had now given them no less than 4 times.  No call.  Wednesday morning, called CSR (Edgar).  The call was "mysteriously disconnected".  I figured I would get a call right back from Edgar since he had my information on his screen and had that valid phone number (now given for the 5th time!) where I could be reached.  It's been almost 2 hours....I'm still waiting. 

This is a recurring problem with my phone.  It happens every now and then, I call Comcast, they send a signal to reset the phone and all is well.  This time, signal didn't work.  CSR said the system was reporting a problem on Comcast's end.  He suggested that the technician may charge me for the service call -- this in the same breath as "this is showing as a problem on our end".  So now I'm paying for service that doesn't work and I have to take a day off from work to wait for a technician to come to my house to fix their problem and I have to pay him????  I decided to review the Comcast Customer Guarantee that is touted on the Customer Service recording.  So far, it's an epic FAIL on the following:

We will quickly address any problem you experience.

After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve a routine issue, we will extend a complimentary service to your account. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.

We will schedule appointments at your convenience and be mindful of your time.

As a courtesy, we will call you before we arrive at your home. And if we fail to arrive for a scheduled visit during the appointment window, we will credit $20 to your account.*

We will look into this immediately. Apologies for the experience.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Visitor

After posting my complaint online, Comcast was extremely responsive in resolving my phone issue.  I received several calls from technicians/managers to arrange a convenient time to check the issue at my home.  Today a manager and a technician arrived to troubleshoot the problem.  Turns out that someone unplugged something on the box and didn't plug things back in correctly so it was a very easy fix.

I am sorry it took a post to a public forum to get a response.  A simple courtesy call would have gone a long way to prevent a public complaint. 

I would like to thank both the manager and technician who came out to help and Arthur from the corporate office.  All were very nice and helpful; the technicial identified the problem and did something to the box to prevent it from happening again.  Arthur just called to confirm that all was fixed and to let me know he's crediting my account for the days I was without service.  i have to give kudos to the team who worked diligently to fix this issue in the last 24 hours.  Thank you!

Connection Expert

I'll pass the word for you.

Glad you got it working to suit you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.