Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone service

New Poster

Phone service

I am having a problem with out going phone service no one can hear me speak to them though other out going responses work for example chosing a numbered response on an inbox. However voice cannot be heard from our landline phone to the caller. I have two other phones that I have tried plugging into the landline the response is the same I can call chose a prompted response ie: chosing 1 for customer service 2) information and so on. When speaking however no matter what landline phone I have connected no one hears my voice whether it is a live person or an answering system. When checking the connection with Comcast via my computor the messege received is that my equipment is fine the problem is on Comcasts end. If you receive this messege please e-mail a confirmation to let me see if this communication is working.

Service Expert

Re: Phone service

GRBridigum wrote:

I am having a problem with out going phone service no one can hear me speak to them though other out going responses work for example chosing a numbered response on an inbox. However voice cannot be heard from our landline phone to the caller. I have two other phones that I have tried plugging into the landline the response is the same I can call chose a prompted response ie: chosing 1 for customer service 2) information and so on. When speaking however no matter what landline phone I have connected no one hears my voice whether it is a live person or an answering system. When checking the connection with Comcast via my computor the messege received is that my equipment is fine the problem is on Comcasts end. If you receive this messege please e-mail a confirmation to let me see if this communication is working.

Try rebooting the EMTA device... if that fails to fix the issue, call into COmcast and register a trouble ticket for your affected services.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon