Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone service

Regular Visitor

Phone service

Our phones are not  working  I called Comcast but was disconnected twice.

Our number is 8125379554

Address is 1554 Kathy ct  Lawrencebug 47025

Please tell me if Comcast is working on the problem

New Poster

Re: Phone service

You'll have to pick up the phone and try again. I doubt anyone at Xfinity/Comcast monitors these boards. I signed up for a four way bundle with them three weeks ago and I've has issues with everything. Maybe if you threaten to cancel your service you can get someone in upper tier customer support who knows what to do.

UPDATE 12/27/2014

I took mamabearlong's advice and emailed we_can_help@cable.comcast.com on 12/24/2013 regarding  the phone issue I was battling for three weeks.  I got a response back within a few hours.  Long story short: I got Xfinity Voice functioning within two business days. The e-mail address is definitely where to contact the Comcast Customer Service A-Team.  

Regular Visitor

Chances are the reason you no longer have your phone number is that Comcast connected your phone to the internet , didn't tell you they did so ,  and now you have a different tempory number. They did the same doodoo to me  and I have been fighting with them for  for a month now.  Then I got my number and answering machine back but lost it again for another week.   Now once again ( this is the 20th time) that I have had to threaten and raise holy hades. I even contacted the corporate office and the F.C.C. I have had comcast for over 20 years  and in my book this is called bull###  service . Keep fighting.  Hopefully your old number is still available. Contact your phone company and see if you still have it. All the best to you .

Regular Visitor

Get in touch with the corporate off and the FCC

New Poster

Im having the same problem. My number shows it has been ported to comcast via their records but still no dial tone. Now the support tech wants to send out a service tech to check my equipment when the support tech found that it was their software problem. Noticed that they sent me an email with the changes that I requested. I haven't requested any changes just to port my phone number. Everything else I have internet, tv works great so far but why does it take so long to reach somebody and get a simple software problem resolved. Best thing to do is google comcast and get the emails of the board of directors and the CEO keep sending the emails till someone contacts you or the problem is resolved if no response contact your states consumer affairs division and file a formal complaint seems like comcast likes the negative advertising as they don't want to correct their problems, why cause they are like any to big a company and could care less about customer service unless you are past due on your bill then watch how fast they act.

Regular Contributor

If you just ordered service and cannot get it activated correctly, then you should send Comcast an email at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com because the email department is sometimes better at resolving service issues than the telephone support people are. 

If you have had service for a while, then you should check the connections on your modem and try rebooting the modem.  You can also try plugging a working phone into the modem to see if there is a problem with the telephone wiring in your house.  If these things do not resolve your issue, then I would suggest sending an email to the email address I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

P.S. I would recommend editing your address and telephone number out of your post because this is a public forum and anyone can see the information.  This is a customer to customer forum and Comcast employees do not read forum posts very often.

New Poster

So here it is the day after the big one and my appt is fro 10-12 today. The gentleman showed up early and after all the hulla ba loo come to find out the problem with not having phone service was it was not translated at comcast. Funny thats what the tech told me on Tuesday after working with her for 90 minutes. He was here and out the door in less than 10 minutes. Simple fix  and a lot of frustration because of comcast inability to determine the actual problem. Good customer service would have eliminated a lot of being ready to get rid of comcast. Well signing off from this forum till next time which I hope is never. If you have to call comcast get yourself situated in a  nice easy chair and relax cause your going to be in for a long hot aggravating spell to say the least. Now my next fiasco is getting my bill corrected, YOU KNOW THAT'S GOING TO BE A PROBLEM RIGHT OFF THE BAT!!

New Poster

I have two lines with these bozos. Have same #s for years. Two days ago my home office line no longer works. Home line works fine. Troubleshoot for 2 hrs with tech and he tells me it needs to be escalated higher and that someone will call me back in 24-72 hrs. ,!!! This is my office line. I can't be down for 2days! So I go to service CENTER and swap out modem hoping it is a burned out tel port. Get home plug it in and no phones work. Call sppt and he gets my home line working but now when u call the office # it tells u the line is no longer in service. ,!!! As I type he is still trying to fix it. God I hate Comcast!