Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone service....what is up?

New Poster

Phone service....what is up?

My land line is not working.  When receiving a call, I pick up and the caller cannot hear anything I say.  When calling to my home from my cell phone it goes directly to voice mail.  What is going on?

Service Expert

Re: Phone service....what is up?

DiDi49 wrote:

My land line is not working.  When receiving a call, I pick up and the caller cannot hear anything I say.  When calling to my home from my cell phone it goes directly to voice mail.  What is going on?

You can tyro something yourself, by pulling the power cord from the outlet.... let sit 5 seoncds and then plug back in....  this is rebotting the device..... once it has initialized ( about 5 minutes ) try and test your phone again.

If that did not help, then call into COmcast and register a trouble ticket for your affected services.

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

I do not work for Comcast...I am a user of Comcast services just like you. If I have helped you in anyway, please give my post KUDOS or mark my post as a SOLUTION!
Thanks!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone service....what is up?

I've been having the same issue with my home phone service. Ever since Wednesday (when there was an outage in the area) my home phone service isn't working. No dial tone, when you call the line it just goes directly to VM. Everything on Comcast's site shows that it's up and operational, and have performed all resets, multiple times. Talked with a couple of different reps over the phone and they don't see an issue with it either. Going to try and re-wire the connection from the modem to the house, not that I could see why this would be an issue that would just start from no-where.