Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone service dropping my call

New Poster

Phone service dropping my call

I work from home and rely on my home phone service.  My Comcast cable modem dropped 2 important calls this morning.  It was embarrassing and is unacceptable.  When I called for help with the service, I was told to bring the model to a Comcast location or pay for a technician to come to my home. I wish I never left my local phone carrier. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Phone service dropping my call

Interesting!  I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden I get a dial tone in the middle of my call and the call is unrecoverable.  I guess I'll take my modem back to comcast too.

New Poster

I had exactly the same problem. Actually, I cannot maintain a connection at all using my xfinity voice. A technician did come here and, still nothing. I signed up for a land line through my mobile carrier and- magically I have a dependable phone line. I called comcast to drop the land line because it has never worked. I was told it would cost me more per month to drop it. I was furious! Then she said if I signed up for triple play for 2 more years then she could save me $40/month. I said "Why am I paying $40 more a month right now and I have a service that doesn't work!". She gave me the contract song and dance and told me my bill will probably increase in January when my contract is up anyway. What?! So, I have been with comcast for....oh, 20 years...and this is how you are treated? I have internet, TV and a broken land line. I have had it with the customer service (or lack of) and am actively seeking alternatives. Meanwhile, I continue to get a bill for a landline that is not even connected to a phone. Good luck!

Cable Expert

Z117 wrote:

I work from home and rely on my home phone service.  My Comcast cable modem dropped 2 important calls this morning.  It was embarrassing and is unacceptable.  When I called for help with the service, I was told to bring the model to a Comcast location or pay for a technician to come to my home. I wish I never left my local phone carrier. 

What modem do you have? Can you post signal levels pls (see the link in my signature)? Is your internet working ok?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the useful troubleshooting tips regarding my phone service connection.

My Arris modem(TM722) signal levels appear to be in the valid ranges.  Hopefully, this was an isolated occurence.  I will keep your link so that I can check my modem signal should the problem occur again.